This policy applies to information we collect when you choose to use this website and also to personal information which we otherwise collect from you when you contact us.
Your personal data will be processed in compliance with the UK GDPR (meaning the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 as it forms part of the law of England and Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland by virtue of section 3 of the European Union (Withdrawal) Act 2018 ) and the Data Protection Act 2018 (the “Data Protection Legislation”).
Who we are
North East Screen is the regional screen agency for the North East of England. We develop and champion North East England as one of the UK’s leading film and TV production hubs where exceptional screen industry talent can live, create and work.
We are committed to safeguarding your privacy and operate within General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which applies in the UK and EU. You can find further information about GDPR by visiting the Information Commissioner’s Office website.
North East Screen is a company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales as North East Screen, company number: 04357249. Any queries relating to NORTH EAST SCREEN’s privacy notice should be addressed to the Chief Executive of North East Screen via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect personal data relating to children.
The information we collect
We collect personal information about you in order to process it for a number of different purposes including to enable us to manage our operations, provide services to you when you make an enquiry and/or request a service from us. We also collect personal information when you subscribe to our newsletter via the online form. We usually collect information through our relationship with you.
This may include:
landline and/or mobile number
Any personal data you send via email, or website contact form
Occupation and employment status
Profile pictures and/or images taken at company events
Social media handles
Newsletter opening rates and click-throughs
Any personal data provided in testimonials, where you provide us with such a testimonial
Payment details (limited to BACS information only)
Forms and survey responses
Correspondence between us
Keeping your data safe and secure
Our staff and associates are bound by obligations of confidentiality and trained in the protection of personal data. We will take all reasonable steps to comply with the Legislation and use the appropriate technical and organisational measures necessary to safeguard your personal data. We only share your personal data with third parties who also comply with the Legislation.
While we will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal data, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that is transferred from you or to you via the internet. If you have any particular concerns about your information, please contact us (see ‘How can you contact us?’ below).
If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
How we use this information
We process information so that we may:
- identify you
- assess any applications for funding that you may make to us
- assess and process any training courses which we run and which you may apply to attend
- provide the training or other services requested
- if you subscribe to our newsletter, to let you know about other services or information that may be of interest to you
- monitor equality and diversity in compliance with the terms of our funders
- detect and prevent fraud
- customise our website and its content to your particular preferences
- notify you of any changes to our website or to our services that may affect you
- improve our services
- Share attendee lists for our events where required for security and compliance, e.g. to ensure that only our members attend if it is a “members-only” event
- Personalise repeat visits to the website
- Create targeted marketing campaigns (you will not receive marketing information by email unless you have opted in)
- Communicate with you and monitor and improve our communications
Comply with our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us or to take steps in relation to any such contract before entering into it.
- • Comply with our statutory or other legal obligations
We may send information about you to other parties, other companies within our group, our agents, our funders, associates and service providers and law enforcement agencies if required.
Marketing and email newsletter
If you subscribe to our email newsletter we may use your information to provide you with further information by email about our training courses, industry news, our latest initiative and the services we offer. You can choose to unsubscribe at any point by clicking on the link at the bottom of the email. You can also email us on email@example.com and we can manually remove your data though please note there may be a short time delay for this to become effective.
Subscribed activity is tracked and stored in a database for future analysis and evaluation. Such tracked activity may include: the opening of emails, forwarding of emails, the clicking of links within the email content, times, dates and frequency of activity (this is by no means a comprehensive list).
In some areas of North East Screen’s website, we may ask you to register your name and email address. We will also collect information from you if you complete any other forms on our site or if you contact us with comments or specific requests.
If you choose to complete any of our online forms, North East Screen will not use the personal information you provide us with for marketing purposes, unless you have given express consent to receive marketing material. We may use the data you have provided to contact you about the activities which you requested.
We will never share or sell your data with any other organisations for marketing or fundraising purposes without your permission.
We collect web statistics automatically about your visit to our site. This information is used to help us improve our website. These statistics do not contain personal data and cannot be traced back to an individual.
We may use a third-party provider to deliver our newsletter to your inbox. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our newsletter.
Third party websites
For example, we may monitor how many times you visit the website, which pages you go to, traffic data, location data and the originating domain name of a user’s internet service provider, to improve the user’s experience whilst visiting the website, and better understand how you use it. This information helps us to build a profile of our users. Some of this data will be aggregated or statistical, which means that we will not be able to identify you individually.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the websites below tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, some of our website features may not function as a result.
They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern
- To recognise you when you return to our site
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests
- To speed up your searches
What rights do you have?
The GDPR provides the following rights for individuals whose personal data is processed:
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object to processing
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling [(We do not carry out automated decision making and profiling)]
You can request a copy of your information which we hold (this is known as a subject access request). If you would like a copy of some or all of it, please:
- email or write to us (see ‘How can you contact us?’ below);
- let us have proof of your identity (a copy of your driving licence or passport) and
- let us know what information you want.
Right to correct any mistakes in your information
You can require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold free of charge. If you would like to do this, please:
- email or write to us (see ‘How can you contact us?’ below)
- let us have enough information to identify you
- let us know the information that is incorrect and what it should be replaced with.
Right to remove your details from our records or restrict how we use your information
You can ask us to stop contacting you for particular purposes or remove your information completely from our records. There may be a legal reason why we need to keep your personal data and in that circumstance we will destroy your personal information as soon as we are legally entitled to do so. If you would like us to stop contacting you with information about our services, please:
- email or write to us (see ‘How can you contact us?’ below). You can also click on the ‘unsubscribe’ button at the bottom of the email and/or newsletter
- let us know what method of contact you are not happy with if you are unhappy with certain ways of contacting you only (for example, you may be happy for us to contact you by email but not by telephone).
Right to lodge a complaint with the Supervising Authority
If you have any concerns or complaints about how we use your personal data we hope you will alert us to these directly (see the Contact information below). If you are still unhappy you are entitled to complain to the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) which is the supervising authority in the UK. Their contact details and the procedure can be found at www.ico.gov.uk
How to contact us
You can contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail North East Screen, The Bis, Whitby Street, Hartlepool, TS24 7AD
Changes to this privacy statement
If you wish to make a complaint about us or the treatment of your data please contact the Chief Executive of North East Screen at email@example.com or write to North East Screen, The Bis, Whitby Street, Hartlepool, TS24 7AD
The Data Protection Officer for North East Screen is the Chief Executive
Dated June 202