As a member of the Senior Management Team, you will be responsible for the organisation and smooth running of our entire finance and monitoring operation. You will be running a department that must be able to demonstrate fiscal integrity and competence, for you will be responsible for creating budgets, both internally and externally, ensure accurate reporting of all revenue and costs, disbursing funds to the various departments, the training of all accounting staff, managing risk, and developing and maintaining the highest standards of financial process. In doing so, the finance department will enable the organisation to secure resources and funding for future growth, which is key to delivering our strategic objectives.
The post is 3 days/22.5 hours per week.
Reporting directly to North East Screen’s Chief Executive, the ideal candidate will be an experienced senior leader with a proven track record of managing finance, monitoring funder’s KPI’s and securing match funding preferably in a creative agency or charity context. You will have experience of innovative and strategic thinking, leading, developing, and motivating others. You will be a chartered accountant or have an equivalent track record.
It’s an exciting time at North East Screen, we’re growing and have some amazing opportunities to develop the skills and talents of TV and film professionals across the region. Working as part of our professional skills development team this role will work deliver a programme of events and activities aimed at early and emerging production companies and talent.
We’re looking for a forward thinking and innovative team player who understands the industry and has project management experience. They will be responsible for driving our organisation forward by delivering cutting edge talent and professional development programmes. This is a full time, permanent role.
If this is something that would interest you, we’d love to hear from you! Please send a cover letter outlining how your skills and experience match the job description along with a CV appropriate for the role and our EDI form to email@example.com Interviews will be held Tuesday 26th July.
This is your chance to pitch to be the producer of and curate two nights of laughter, showcasing the best digital comedy from around the world, alongside profiling the best of the region’s talent to BBC Commissioners and industry.
BBC Comedy and North East Screen’s Comedy Hot House, are to support two comedy short film nights as part of the BBC City of Comedy 2022.
The BBC Comedy commissioning team and North East Comedy Hot House will attend the two short film showcasing nights to see what talent you want to bring to their attention on screen and in real life. The second night will also form part of the closing activity for BBC City of Comedy..
If you are able to demonstrate an obsession with broadcast comedy, experience in producing digital comedy, events and/or live stand-up on broadcast or other platforms, and you live in the North East (Teesside, Newcastle, Gateshead, Sunderland, North Tyneside, South Tyneside, County Durham or Northumberland), then apply today!
- Budget: £5,000 bursary incl. VAT. This will be the overall budget to curate, host and produce both events. Managing the budget is up to you, North East Comedy Hot House will support including ensuring you receive a reasonable fee from the budget (approx 15%).
- When? 29th September 2022 and 10th November 2022
- Where? In BBC City of Comedy, Newcastle (venues to be decided)
- Who? You can be an individual or a company. As long as you have a burning passion for comedy and aspire to produce.
- What? Although you will have significant freedom and creativity when curating/surfacing the comedy shorts, a real bonus of this opportunity is that you will get to liaise with the BBC Comedy Commissioning and Editorial teams to sign off on the shorts being shown and details of both events.
If you’re a fan of scripted TV comedy, desperate to uncover the next breakthrough talent and have the ability to turn a comedy shorts screening into the hottest ticket in town, this is the opportunity for you! We are looking for someone to produce two comedy short film nights that will bring North East regional and national talent to mingle and get everyone buzzing and to showcase the best digital comedy at an event fit for BBC Comedy commissioners, industry, audiences and talent.
- Be North East based and over 18yrs old
- Have a proven passion for and commitment to comedy, scripted comedy TV
- Be or aspire to be a Producer
- Have experience of managing events / making things happen – (screenings, production, stand up comedy, theatre and/or networking)
- Have experience of or desire to spot and develop talent
- Fill in the application form – give us the basic eligibility information we need and a sense of why this is the right opportunity for you now.
- Create a 2 page pitch which sells your vision and gets across the scale and tone of your idea. Please include potential venues and 2-3 examples of existing shorts that you like to give an idea of what sort of night you would be putting on. Also include a brief first-draft budget breakdown and show off your pitching and packaging skills.
- Attach a brief CV – to demonstrate that you have the practical skills required to manage and deliver your vision, and a commitment to producing broadcast comedy.
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications is 4th July 2022. Successful candidates will be informed no later than July 30th.
It’s an exciting time at North East Screen, we’re growing and have some amazing opportunities to develop the skills and talents of TV and film professionals across the region.
We’re looking for someone with film and TV experience who has drive and determination and is very organised to be our new Film Office Coordinator. They will look after production and support our regional crews and also support people at the beginning of their journey into the industry with our North East Screen Access initiative.
Please note – you MUST be able to drive and have access to a vehicle to be considered.
Contract terms – Full time, permanent
If this is something that would interest you, we’d love to hear from you. Please send a cover letter outlining how your skills and experience match the job description along with a CV appropriate for the role and our Equality, diversity and inclusivity form to email@example.com.